In the UK o2 wants to charge nearly £15 a month just to tether your iPhone and use it with your laptop. In the US AT&T has not officially announced their charges or support but now a simple, easy and maybe not so carrier approved method has come to light.
The method does not require that you use iTunes to hack anything or jailbreak the phone but simply visit a website and download a settings file to update the device.
Thanks to Richard Lai there is a simple guide.
- Visit http://help.benm.at/ from your iPhone 3.0 device
- You will see the following screen, select "MobileConfigs"
- Next, select your provider and download the settings pack:
- You should now be able to enable tethering:
We are not sure whether a charge would be applied by your provider or whether this is totally legal but many sites are reporting success and I can confirm on a iPhone 3G 3.0 with o2 UK it works OK
Source : www.neowin.net
Les derniers articles par Laurent (tout voir)
- Les joies de l’avant-vente chez les grands comptes - 16 octobre 2015
- Le (véritable) problème de la voiture sans chauffeur. - 6 octobre 2015
- (re)Bonjour tout le monde ! - 7 mai 2015